Sunday, February 21, 2010

spaghetti. squash. (new kitchen & blog beginnings)

Ok, here it is. March 2010 is now blog time. Just a little place where I can share my life, which currently consists of baking sweet treats, cooking, avoiding doing dishes (but trying to learn how to be a little tidier), being engaged (so planning a wedding, eeeeeee!), learning how to make better food choices...etc.

So..to start things off, here's a little adventure I had last night involving this bizarre beast called spaghetti squash. Until yesterday, the spaghetti squash was merely a mythical vegetable that both terrified and intrigued me. How are you supposed to handle such a thing? But when I spotted a bin of them at Trader Joe's, I ran and grabbed one. (Although the running may have had more to do with my need to get the hell out of there on a crazy Saturday afternoon..) ANYWAY. I brought it home with the full intention of getting around to it sometime, but I couldn't stop thinking about it all afternoon so I decided to tackle it last night.

It may seem like a beast at first, but it's actua
lly totally easy and DEFinitely worth it.
Cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out those seeds. You can do this part after you bake it, but I was glad to have gotten it out of the way before it had the potential to burn me..you know?
Then turn it on its belly and pop it in the oven at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.

When it comes out, it will blow your mind.


After scooping all the strings out (and yes, it may come out looking like a bleeding heart in the best possible way), I followed a recipe for Moroccan-Spiced Spaghetti Squash found here. Easy easy. And so delicious.

Served with chicken and friendship.

Love,
Amanda.



1 comment:

Elise / Pennyweight said...

this looks FANTASTIC!! mmm i must try!